Again Its Been Too Long

Funny how we revisit old things when we are in a stage of change.

Come 27/4 I'll be submitting my resignation ending a career in my current place just slightly less than a year from where it all began. Its surprising how this journey with the Big Boss has been and even with the Hamster as of last evening.

And perhaps the truth in life is that as we are being moulded into the shape and person He wants us to be, all things happen for a reason. And I believe over the past many months that culminates into a decision to pursue my passion by using the tools and gifts He's given me uniquely as a person;

To enjoy this life meaning to surround myself with like-minded, positive, spiritual persons. To use the strengths I've been blessed with and focus on them.
To refocus and centre my life on Him. And to not lose myself again.

This begs the next question, which is "Who Am I?"

Especially so after a conversation with the Hamster right before we slept.
I ponder and wonder why neutrality is deemed as a lack of an opinion and what does it mean in the bigger scheme of things.

I guess as my mind raced, especially after a spiritual awakening, my mind was assaulted with all kinds of negative thoughts and voices til 6am.
Further exacerbated by the impending breakup of a close friend's marriage, the breakup of colleague's romantic interest of nearly a year and as I composed this post, another breakup of a teacher-turned-friend of mine with her partner.

I think it's a miracle that two individuals can come together in union and not to be taken lightly.

I also believe in extending love in all manners of speech and mind in the best ways possible. Even the best meaning intentions delivered without leaves it to be less than desired and understood the way it was meant to be delivered.

God do give me the wisdom, the guidance to communicate better and become better as a Husband, as a Career Person, as a Friend and as your Servant.

Things are moving so interestingly:

4.5 years since singing class.
Grade 3 and 5 finished in 2.2 years each. Distinctions for both.

Where did all that time go? Complacency and inertia is a real and dastardly thing and Father Time just creeps past you as a river that never stops flowing; He doesn't stop ticking.
And suddenly 2011 becomes 2015, and NAB of 2.5 years has passed. HLF of 1.5 years has passed. DBS of 1 year has passed.
The funny thing is how the prayers have stayed the same. The only thing is now there's an urgency.

A friend shared last evening that "The bridge between dreams and reality is discipline", and "In our Christian walk, our life curve should be a step up ladder".
As I borrow the words of a song that's been resonating with me: "Turn the page maybe we'll find a brand new ending"; God guide me and my life, all aspects of you.

I'll choose to put you first as best as I can, Focus on my Family with all my heart and realign my Career with the tools and gifts You have given me.

As grade 8 looms in the near horizon, and as thoughts and plans are being actioned upon, I lift this journey to come into your loving hands Lord.

Take me higher. Take me deeper. Amaze me in the breadth and depth of your love. Show me the world in the lenses you want me to see through and make me a better person.

Thank you Jesus.


Lost Stars
Please don't see just a boy caught up in dreams and fantasies
Please see me reaching out for someone I can't see
Take my hand let's see where we wake up tomorrow
Best laid plans sometimes are just a one night stand
I'd be damned Cupid's demanding back his arrow
So let's get drunk on our tears and

God, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young
It's hunting season and the lambs are on the run
Searching for meaning
But are we all lost stars, trying to light up the dark?

Who are we? Just a speck of dust within the galaxy?
Woe is me, if we're not careful turns into reality
Don't you dare let our best memories bring you sorrow
Yesterday I saw a lion kiss a deer
Turn the page maybe we'll find a brand new ending
Where we're dancing in our tears and

God, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young
It's hunting season and the lambs are on the run
Searching for meaning
But are we all lost stars, trying to light up the dark?

I thought I saw you out there crying
I thought I heard you call my name
I thought I heard you out there crying
Just the same

God, give us the reason youth is wasted on the young
It's hunting season and this lamb is on the run
Searching for meaning
But are we all lost stars, trying to light up the dark?

I thought I saw you out there crying
I thought I heard you call my name
I thought I heard you out there crying

But are we all lost stars, trying to light up the dark?
But are we all lost stars, trying to light up the dark?

Comments

Popular Posts