2015 and Its Reflections

And 2015 draws to a close and I realise that I'm about to be a father of a baby boy.
Isaac is his name in view of all the confirmations that came along the way.

Agnes, Lorna, Kimmy, The Kids Bible.

Funny how it was this dream dying that led me to move on to quitting my job and heading to Washington. And it is in Washington itself that this Lil Miracle was made after a certain LC Foong suggested not probable unless we try IVF.

________________________________________________

The year has been a challenging one, sometimes it feels like the 7 years of famine after 7 years of harvest. I've always felt I've led a charmed life, and it felt like it was slipping away after NAB went with it.

Yet I believe in His promises of good, and just today I was reminded that every trial is an opportunity.

An opportunity to take stock of who you are, what you truly treasure; what's important to you and what not.

Nor is it a time to wallow but to press on and fight the fight of good faith.

________________________________________________

33 isn't an old age, but one can certainly come to a point where they can say with certain conviction who and what they are, and what they are not.

Pushing a circle into a square peg isn't a lifelong solution though it can reap monetary rewards, but is that life?

This is a question not everyone can answer for anyone, but simply between oneself and God.

I'm also a teacher now, of SMU 9 students, of a Sentosa Kid Chez, of a SOTA-to-be-girl Liz, and a real interesting chap, Troy.

Understudying under Sher is I would say a blunt and forthright experience. Every flaw both vocally and how my personality shows forth is picked apart by her. Its a naked experience that's both empowering and scary at the same time how a person's personality comes through their voices.

It's also a window into my own psyche and how I can better myself as a person, a teacher and a student in life.

________________________________________________

I've also at this point cleared my M5, M8A, HI, M9, PGI, BCP and the final CGI in good time before its over and also proceeded with FA Action. It's been such a drawn out process trying to get there. Obviously for a better cause and a better perceived future, it's also come at a cost that we couldn't imagine that's impacted both the Hammie and myself.

The missus has had her share of trials this year since October, where well laid plans are best left to the hands of our Father. From funny accusations, to confronting our best intended plans and execution all the way to being accountable.

We believe it will all end well knowing His character, yet one cannot help but stare at the waves as Peter did walking on water by faith. I thank God for faithful and helpful friends as well as clients.

I don't think the past many months since October could have been liveable without the able support of friends like Esther, Boon, Ely, Agnes, Adrian & Jess amongst others as we walk through what feels like a joint trial with what's happening at the House of God.

Such trials make you question your own faith, His faithfulness, and test our resolve against unbelief.

Financial difficulty, Spiritual attacks, Anxieties rearing their head; In the face of all these, we remember Job and remember to not do things our of a spirit of fear but of a spirit of faith and belief in the nature of our Father who so loves us.

Faith and Unbelief, not something that's easy to deal with yet it is the foundation of working greater things in our Christian walk is it not?

The world can try to take away belief, by way of materialism, doubt, fleshly wants and desires; but never let it take away who we are in Jesus Christ. Simply put, can we not trust Him after all that has come and pass?

We are the beloved, of whom He has given His life for to redeem. Of whom He has come to heal, prosper, love, guide, bless, deliver.

If we can believe, then we shall receive, and also continue pushing forward while keeping our eyes on the prize.

"Well done my good and faithful servant", help us Jesus.

________________________________________________

The missus has been beautiful this whole period, and she's been such a great blessing since I've first met her in 2005.

Amazingly, she's still the same amazing lady I've fell in love with, except much better.

A mother of my child, a lover from my youth, and my best friend.

I simply cannot imagine a life without this person and in the words of a good friend Boon, it's amazing how you two share so much passion for each other.

Its true, that other wallflowers cannot compare in the light of who and what she is in this relationship we have nurtured together lovingly over the past years since May 2016.

There's so much more that I would want to achieve, though it tarry, I choose to be patient and hope that we traverse this odyssey together hand in hand with a Little Monkey in tow.

________________________________________________

It has been a interesting year to say the least, but our hope is in the Father, and not of that of earthly things.

I pray that His hand gently moves and guides us while opening the paths ahead. May our lives be a testimony to His goodness and mercy and we praise His name all the days til we see Him again.

Thank you Lord!

Comments

Popular Posts